Q: I can easily make (free) color separations by applying a (G7, Swop, Gracol, etc.) profile in Adobe Photoshop. Why should I buy color separations from Managed Color instead?
Special Attributes Managed Color Separations/ Photoshop
- Larger Possible Color Gamut Yes No
- Print Pantone inks as contone Yes No
- Fewer Inks (at full color*) Yes No
- Gray replaced by K only Yes No
- Expanded GCR (gray axis +K) Yes No
- Re-process for any print process Yes No
- Optimize Ink Usage Yes Only std. GCR
*Separation sets can be made with fewer inks (versus conventional), in some cases.
All these optimizations can save ink and time on press, plus increase the color palette and quality of printed images.
Silk Screeners– Full color with fewer inks?
Offset Printers– More color with fewer inks or the same number of inks? Grays with gray instead of CMYK?
Packaging Printers– fewer inks and contone results using spot colors in image sections instead of CMYK.